Program Analyst, Junior
Program Analyst, Junior
Location: Huntsville Alabama or telework with 20% short term domestic travel
Full Time Position beginning TBD
Market Competitive Salary and Benefits
The Program Analyst is responsible for supporting Department of Defense technology experimentation programs. The programs link the technology and operational communities by conducting technology demonstrations, experiments, and assessments during a variety of venues to include field exercises with CONUS and/or OCONUS operations. This position will provide support in assessment planning, metrics development, exercise force coordination, employment scenario, CONOP, CONEMP development, data collection, data entry, data analysis, and drafting of assessment plans, data collection forms, reports, and associated briefs. The Program Analyst will participate in all aspects of joint, interservice, and service-specific experiments, assessments, and demonstration events. Responsibilities include working in small teams and coordinating with a variety of Government customers and staff.
Areas of expertise:
- Experience evaluating and/or assessing the effectiveness, suitability, impact, and overall military utility of technologies as they relate to the operational environment.
- Effectively operate in a demanding dynamic team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a high degree of demonstrated professionalism.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, attention to detail, including the ability to present detailed briefings to senior staff.
- Knowledge of Department of Defense agencies and activities.
- Knowledge of computer and information science.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Applications.
Education: Candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Science (BS).
- Candidate must have 1-5 years of experience in the following:
- Knowledge of integrating new and emerging technologies.
- Experience planning, executing, and reporting on non-traditional and other rapid test and evaluation events to include ACTDs, JCTDs, ECTDs, WLIFs, battle lab initiatives and Military Utility Assessments.
- Experience in one or more operational focus areas: UAVs, Cybersecurity, Social Media Analysis, Software, Information Technology systems, Logistics, GIS, sensors, signals / radio frequencies, solar cells, and military applications.
- Experience with science and technology initiatives and evaluation processes used to support Combatant Command Integrated Priority Lists (IPL).
There are limited supervisory responsibilities with this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Top Secret DoD security clearance
- Must pass physical and health requirements
- Must pass testing requirements
- Individual must accept and meet all program standards and guidelines
- Individual should possess reasonable interactive and social skills
Ability to read in English to analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, government regulations, and procedure manuals. Ability to write in English for routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, and probabilities to practical situations. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Statistics formalized training, skill set, and on-the-job application is highly desired.
Ability to solve practical problems by defining the problem, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions. Ability to apply common sense.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid driver’s licenses issued by state of residence. Must have or be able to obtain a Top-Secret level security clearance with access to sensitive compartmented information. Must have a valid United States passport.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and see.
Sit or stand for periods of time. Ability to lift and carry 30+ pounds of gear up to 100m. Other physical demands included (but not exclusive of) use of ladders and steps, lift or team lift heavy equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job requires travel overseas and to military field-like conditions. These operations have the potential to be extremely dangerous and operators in this field can be subject to direct and indirect risks.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Resume@blackrockstrategy.com.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Blackrock Strategy LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.