Location: Huntsville Alabama or telework with 20% short term domestic travel
Full Time Position
Market Competitive Salary and Benefits
Areas of Expertise:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials
- Plans concept by studying information and materials
- Creates illustrations, layouts, map overlays, posters, graphs and charts
- Produces computer-generated graphics for use in presentations or publications
- Animates story boards and layouts for video design and production
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, vendors, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and within established deadlines
- Demonstrates strong design, layout, analytical, and creative skills
- Works effectively as a part of a broader team to support a fast-paced military environment
Education: Candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Science (BS).
- Minimum of 8 years of graphic art and design experience and a bachelor’s degree or an additional 4 years of experience
- Graphic designer / illustrator experienced in Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator or equivalent, to produce vector / raster illustrations of technical equipment or related concepts, predominantly in book / magazine illustration or infographic styles
- Ability to work independently with strong tact, diplomacy, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to clearly articulate and communicate via email, phone calls, presentation in front of key leaders, and/or video teleconference
- Current or eligible for at least a U.S. Secret Clearance
- Prior military experience or contract support to the military
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Able to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
There are limited supervisory responsibilities with this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
- Secret DoD SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Must pass physical and health requirements
- Must pass testing requirements
- Individual must accept and meet all program standards and guidelines
- Individual should possess reasonable interactive and social skills
Ability to read in English to analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, government regulations, and procedure manuals. Ability to write in English for routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, and probabilities to practical situations. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Statistics formalized training, skill set, and on-the-job application is highly desired.
Ability to solve practical problems by defining the problem, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions. Ability to apply common sense.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid driver’s licenses issued by state of residence. Must have or be able to obtain a Top-Secret level security clearance with access to sensitive compartmented information. Must have a valid United States passport.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and see.
Sit or stand for periods of time. Ability to lift and carry 30+ pounds of gear up to 100m. Other physical demands included (but not exclusive of) use of ladders and steps, lift or team lift heavy equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job requires travel overseas and to military field-like conditions. These operations have the potential to be extremely dangerous and operators in this field can be subject to direct and indirect risks.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Resume@blackrockstrategy.com.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Blackrock Strategy LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.